What is GAiN?
GAiN is a community of Adventist communicators, technologists, and media professionals from around the world. Through the GAiN network, we seek to foster the use of communication, technology, media, and the internet to help the Adventist Church carry out its mission to share the everlasting gospel with “every nation, tribe, tongue, and people.”
Since its beginning in 2004, the annual GAiN Conference has brought people from around the globe together to educate, train, and collaborate with one another in finding new and effective ways to reach our communities.
In 2022 the General Conference voted to limit global events. Therefore, GAiN Continental was conceived, allowing local communication leaders to participate in the GAiN experience. The GAiN Continental events will happen in Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe.
The GAiN conference has been held at locations around the world, since 2004.
- 2023: Johannesburg, South Africa; Maryland, United States of America; Jeju Island, South Korea; Budva, Montenegro
- 2022: General Conference decides to host continental events
- 2020: Online Forum
- 2019: Amman, Jordan
- 2018: Seoul, South Korea
- 2017: São Paulo, Brazil
- 2016: Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
- 2015: Online
- 2014: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 2013: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2012: Hong Kong, China
- 2011: Montego Bay, Jamaica
- 2009: Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2008: Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2007: Newbold College, England
- 2006: San Diego, California, USA
- 2005: Bangkok, Thailand
- 2004: First Meeting: Silver Spring, Maryland, USA